At Print Systems Australia we are conscious of the need to make as small an impact on the environment as possible. We do this by running our business within the guidelines of not only our own environmental policy, but also that of the International Standard Organisation Environmental Management System, gaining ISO14001 certification.
The ISO systems are used and recognised throughout the world, requiring a major commitment and investment from participating businesses. ISO14001 certification is more than an environmentally friendly claim, as we are externally audited regularly to ensure the commitment is upheld.
Print Systems Australia has a commitment to achieving the principles of environmental sustainability in our workplace and within the printing industry. We recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that our activities, products and services are designed to enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate. Therefore ensuring that our operations whilst complying with the ISO 14001 do not place the local community or environment at risk of harm.
We are committed to environmental improvement and prevention of pollution. We will work with our customers, suppliers and the community to adopt procedures that-
- reduce waste through innovative work practices and recycling practices
- minimise environmental impacts by reduction of polluting substances produced
- minimise the impact of our operations on the neighbouring community
- increase the use of environmentally acceptable materials, equipment and technology in place of those which are considered harmful
- comply with all relevant environmental regulations and initiatives to which we subscribe
- ensure that our suppliers follow acceptable environmental policies, and
- actively promote environmental awareness among staff, clients, customers and the general public.